On 17/11/2009, at 7:35 AM, John W. Carty wrote:

> I'm also interested in getting started with python and I'm looking for a vo
> accessible editor. When I go out to this link for smultron there's a msg
> stating that its no longer supported by the developer.
>
> Are there other accessible editors to consider?

There are a lot of accessible editors, although as with everything you'll have
to try a few before you find something you're comfortable with.

If you're programming in Python, though, make sure you find one that handles
indenting code well, since the syntax in Python relies on indentation. If
you're feeling adventurous, you can try what I'm using, Macvim.

It's a bit fiddly in voiceover, and the learning curve's kind of steep, but
I've never found a programming editor I like more than vim.

Not to mention, if you're thinking cross platform, learning vim can be good,
since it'll run on most things and it's nice to use the same editor everywhere.