I use the standard model, and am able to text one-handed, along with auto-correct and spelling suggestions, I sometimes prefer typing on the touch-screen than with a bluetooth keyboard. Having reference points for the 5 on the numbpad, the back/done/next/previous buttons in various apps like phone and mail, and having direct access to the send, attach media, and predictions buttons in the mesages app makes everything that much speedier and efficient. If productivity is what you're after, I'd strongly recommend you give the speedDots screen protectors a try.