Do you have one of the newer machines made after March 2009?
I do and I bought the adapter that was recommended on this list.  It didn't
work for me so if someone has found one that does work I'd love to know which
one it is.

On Nov 24, 2009, at 7:48 PM, Richie Gardenhire wrote:

> The Mac Mini is a great machine, and with regard to a monitor, I
> bought an adapter that, when connected, makes the Mac Mini think it
> has a monitor interfaced to it and I can play most video content,
> including DVD's and software from Apple that has video content.
> Richie Gardenhire, Anchorage, Alaska.
>

> On Nov 24, 2009, at 3:42 PM, David McLean wrote:
>
> Actually the mini is a great machine with the exception that it needs
> a monitor.  Pretty minor for me although I wish the mini adapter did
> work because it would increase the portability of the machine a bit.
>
> On Nov 24, 2009, at 3:05 PM, Rich Ring wrote:
>
>> I guess that's what I'll do.  Wish I had never wasted my money on this
>> computer, I should have held out and bought a Mac Book, but who knewA?

>>> speech.  If I start the machine without this adapter connected, VO
>>> comes
>>> up
>>> as expected, and if I subsequently plug in the adapter all is still
>>> well,
>>> but Safari is still just as slow as it was before.  I'm wondering
>>> why the
>>> system doesn't seem to come up if the adapter is plugged in.  If
>>> any of
>>> you
>>> have an idea what could be causing this and, better yet, if any of
>>> you
>>> have
>>> a solution, I will be incredibly grateful.

>>> playing. What's going on here, and how can I fix this?