Alright I cam try these ideas. from easiest to hardest. I have a 2012 so probably cannot use diagnostics.

From E.T.'s Keyboard...
   ancient.ali...@icloud.com
Many believe that we have been visited
in the past. What if it were true?

On 3/23/2016 4:00 PM, Jonathan Cohn wrote:
First thing you need to do is see if the slowness   is related to an account or
to the entire computer. Create or use a second account for an hour and see if
performance lags in that account too.  If it does, then I would suggest you try
a diagnostic check which probably needs to be done sighted. To do a diagnostic
check, hold down “D” while booting. (Computer must be newer than 2012 for this
to work). I have never tried this, so I have no additional details.

In my case, we cleaned out four things and I have not fully broght all services
back into place so I don’t know the direct culprit.

1. Goto login items in System Settings (Users and Groups). Remove all programs
except the speech synthesis server (this is VoiceOver).

2. Goto ~/Library and move  everything in the LaunchAgents directory to a safe
place.

3. remove the folder Saved Application State from the Library Directory. This
is the settings that ensures when you re-open a program it looks the same as
when you left it. (Same open files etcetera)

4. Logout of iCloud and delete everything it asks you if you want to delete.

Finally reboot and make sure the checkbox about restoring windows is unchecked.

Personally I think just cleaning out Saved Application State and logging out
and in to iCloud was probably all that was needed.

  “
Best wishes,

Jonathan Cohn