You’re absolutely correct.

As of this morning the fire grew from 620 or so square miles to over 750.
However, the town is largely out of danger at this point as are the oil sands
operations which is the bread and butter for that town.  Oil production will
begin ramping back up and the pipelines are being restarted, large parts of the
city still are with out power and water so it’s thought it may be 2 weeks or
more before people can move back in.  Last count the count had risen to 2400
structures lost or damaged.  Fire is still out of control is some areas but
things steadily are improving.  Sounds unbelievable.  I haven’t seen any fund
raising efforts online maybe someone will post one if they know of a reputable
charity handling the area.

list.