Hi Donna,
1.  To hear text attributes, control + option + t
If in Text Edit, you'll here the size, font family name, and whether the line
is aligned left right or center

2. command + t should bring up font choices where you can pick which font
family, the size, and I can't recall what other choices.

Hope that helps.  I've often written to the list for help and I'm just glad I
finally can provide some answers so I hope I've helped.

Israel Antonio
Sexy Isra
www.israelantonio.com