Hi,

Here's a post from a while back.  Hopefully, it still works, although I won't
guarantee success.

****

Posted from earlier discussions on a list with a few clarifications:

Open the Messages app on the Mac if you haven’t done so yet

Pull down the “Messages” menu and choose “Add Account…”

>From the message account screen, choose “Other messages account…” and click on
>“Continue”

Pull down the menu next to “Account Type” and select ‘Jabber’ from the list
In “Account Name” enter your Facebook account user name as follows:

yourusern...@chat.facebook.com (the Facebook username is whatever your Facebook
profile URL is, for example:  if you're logged into FaceBook on your Mac, go up
to the Address field and it should read, "www.facebook.com/your_username’
therefore, the username would be “your_usern...@chat.facebook.com” and the
account name would then be your_usern...@chat.facebook.com)
Enter your Facebook account password in the password field, this is the same
one you use to login to Facebook from the web or the apps

Ignore all other settings and choose “Create” – this will setup Facebook
messaging client and in a moment you’ll see your Facebook Friends list populate
as a buddy list, complete with friend names and friend profile pictures

Message anyone in the list as usual, the conversations are going through
Facebook Messenger

You can access the Facebook Friends buddy list at any time from the “Windows”
menu item in Messages app, where you can also set your status to be online or
offline, or away.

HTH

******
Tim Kilburn