Hi there,

First, this is  not true about fusion entirely.  Yes, a lot of people were let
go from the team as a part of the Dell EMC merger if memory serves.  The
product is still being developed and sold.  It’s also very good and I use it
heavily and find it totally accessible.  So yes, I would spend the money if it
were me.  Parallels is not an option do to accessibility issues and virtual box
supposedly has a good command line interface and such but I haven’t used it
personally.

As for the drive question, a Fusion drive is much faster than a rotating drive
and an SSD drive is faster than a fusion.  Fusion uses An sad drive combined
with a rotating drive.  The stuff frequently accessed lives on the SSD for fast
recall and writing and the less frequently used code is stored on the rotating
portion.  When you access the rotating portion it’s slower until it moves to
the SSD and so forth.  A pure SSD drive stores everything in a near instantly
available form using solid state circuits rather than 1960s rotating magnetic
platter technology.  Fusion is a good choice, you’ll get a nic healthy boost in
performance.

The stats I have read on SSD drives indicate they are 30 to 50 times faster
than their rotating counterparts.  Fusion should over average use and time fall
somewhere in-between the two.

Enjoy that new iMac, that’s a great platform.

> On Jul 10, 2016, at 2:12 PM, Joshua Tubbs <ori...@icloud.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
> On Thursday I will be receiving my new iMac. It is the 2.8 processor with a 2
> TB fusion Drive and 16 gigs of RAM. In line with this new Mac, I want
> performance and speed over space, though I did choose a 2 TB drive because it
> is The best of both worlds.
> My concern is fusion. VMware fusion. Last I heard, it will no longer be in
> development anymore due to most of their staff being laid off. With this in
> mind, keeping in mind the fact that I do plan on upgrading to macOS Sierra
> when it comes out, is VMware fusion a viable solution after El Capitan? Also,
> for those that have fusion drives, how do you like them? Is it better then
> standard drive you get by default?
> Thanks.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

> list.