If you want to enforce this a bit, there is an option in the Dock section of
Tinkertool to:

When switching to application hide all others unchecked

This defaults to unchecked, and I am not sure if this is always available, or
only when "restricted finder" used by parental controls is in effect. I guess I
would need a sighted person to verify that .

Best wishes,

Jonathan Cohn