Scott,

The actual battery drain curve is still quite normal for me.  It's just the
random shutdown thing at lower battery levels.  The only way to turn it back on
is to plug it in.  Even after it comes back up, the battery level is not at a
point where it should normally be shutting itself off.  I've restored it and
such, with no real improvement.  It's about a five hour drive to the nearest
Apple Store, so the snail mail back and forth appears to be the only option.
Thanks for the suggestion though.  Not looking forward to not having a phone,
especially with work stuff.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada