The iPod touch line has the iOS touch interface like the various
iPhones and iPads do.

If you're talking about the click wheel with the enter button in the
middle, that would have been the iPod classic and video models. They
were killed off years ago but you can still get them at a pretty good
price second hand, and, a new battery and new hard drive can be had
for a reasonable price.

The iPod video line worked with the fre rockbox firmware which had
speech. You could also use it like you would any external drive
without using iTunes or anything which was great. The classic had no
speech option that I am aware of, however, there were people that did
use them by memorizing button presses etc.

Hope that helps,

Cameron.

On 12/8/16, Karen Lewellen <klewel...@shellworld.net> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> Yes I recall posts indicating that Apple is going to discontinue the iPod.
> I am not seeking a hot off the shelf model regardless, having two unique
> questions.
> First, what was the last edition that still had buttons?  If I must get a
> touch, how close do the voices mirror those on the mac?
> Ios makes me literary dizzy so I must choose with great care, part of why
> i would prefer a unit with buttons.  Might not need voiceover at all  in
> that situation.
> I have a head phones question as well  but that would be three so I will
> wait.
> Thanks,
> Kare

list.