Hi,

Sandi mentioned this in another thread that many may not be paying attention
to, so I thought I would bring it up in a new thread as I believe that this is
a cool feature.  In the Photos app in both iOS 10 and Sierra, over 4000 objects
can be recognized.  For example, you could enter snow in the search field, and
Photos will try to find all the pics in your Photos Library with snow in the
picture.  You can even use Siri to find things by asking her things like,
"Could you find all my photos with a dog in the picture?"  It will then put the
results into a collection for you so you can check them out.  This moves beyond
just the people and places search ability, so is becoming very interesting from
a VO user's prospective.

I've only played with it a little, and only on my Mac, since my iPhone is
half-way across the country being repaired.  It found the pictures quite well,
but I couldn't really confirm what was in the actual picture results since I
couldn't figure out if there was a way to get descriptions and such.

Very interesting indeed.  Thanks for bringing this up Sandi.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada

list.