I wonder, SIRI was more interactive in the original releases then it has been
with IOS 9 or 10, perhaps there were security concerns that caused them to
reduce functionality. The other likely possibility is bandwidth / performance.
Certainly, there were some mentions by folks of SIRI pushing back on excessive
queries though I never personally experienced that.

For google to be interactive, it probably has to either provide context
information back on subsequent calls or else have a conversation tracking id
and a way to associate a conversation with a person. Considering that Google
makes its money by providing relevant advertising I could see how asking SIRI
which pain reliever would be best for a sore back, could cause  advertisements
for chiropractors in your area to show up on your Rhode Island News Press
Gazette headlines.

Anybody feel like reading the SIRI Terms and Conditions to see what it says
about making queries anonymous or trackable? I expect it would be less than
hundred pages of reading perfect to get folks asleep early before the present
man comes.

Happy Chanukah    and Christmas Eve.

                Best wishes,

Jonathan Cohn

> On Dec 21, 2016, at 8:51 AM, Scott Granados <scott.grana...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If you’re running the latest version of IOS you might be running that
> software, I could be way wrong though.  There’s a home icon on the main
> screen of my phone now which I think is supposed to interact with devices.  I
> have not tried this at all.  I am how ever jumping on the google home band
> wagon.  The AI with the google voice assistant beats Siri badly.  The
> recognition and the ability to understand context by Google just m makes
> mince meat out of Siri.  (To the point Apple made some emergency hires in
> their AI team to try to catch up although I’m skeptical as to whether they
> can). Google has some heavy heavy AI fire power on their team now.
>

>> On Dec 21, 2016, at 8:47 AM, Donna Goodin <doniado...@me.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Scott,
>>
>> I don't have or want google home.  From what I've read, to control Nest with
>> Siri, you need some third-party software called Home Bridge which I haven't
>> installed.
>> Cheers,
>> Donna
>>> On Dec 21, 2016, at 7:32 AM, Scott Granados <scott.grana...@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Donna, have you wrapped it in to google home or Siri at all? How does that
>>> work?

>>> Visionaries list.

>>> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor.  You can reach mark at:
>>>  macvisionaries+modera...@googlegroups.com and your owner is Cara Quinn -

>>> ---

>> Visionaries list.

>> macvisionaries+modera...@googlegroups.com and your owner is Cara Quinn - you
>> can reach Cara at caraqu...@caraquinn.com

>> ---

> list.

> ---

list.

  • ... Sarai Bucciarelli
    • ... Scott Granados
      • ... Donna Goodin
        • ... Donna Goodin
          • ... Scott Granados
            • ... Donna Goodin
              • ... Scott Granados
                • ... Donna Goodin
                • ... Scott Granados
                • ... Donna Goodin
                • ... Jonathan Cohn
        • ... David and his growing pack of dogs. Benny, no longer with us his memory lives on through
        • ... Sarai Bucciarelli
          • ... Donna Goodin
            • ... Scott Granados
              • ... Kevin Chao