Hello Mike,

Did you see my reply with the explanation of how to reinitialise the PRAM? My
MacBook Air also has an SSD and the procedure works just fine and gives me
audio feedback.
Was Sierra installed on your new MacBook when you got it or did you update it
yourself? I did a clean install of Sierra on my machine and so far, no
problems. However, on my French list, lots of people are having problems with
Sierra after simply updating rather than going to the trouble of a clean
install.
I don’t know why some people have problems when others don’t, but it happens a
lot.

Cheers,

Anne

list.