Hello Alex,

As you're starting out with an iPad, the SpeedDots tactile screen protectors are very helpful. You are able to orient properly, (such as showing the tabs at the top of the screen in apps like Safari and mail), and for certain keys on the keyboard such as extra punctuation and finding the "delete" or "hide keyboard" buttons. Also, there is a dot in the middle of the screen to "dismiss" the pop-up dialogs that can appear when wanting you to make a choice from a series of items.

the tactile screen protectors are organized, so dropping dots on a regular screen protector while understandable, may not serve you well in all apps.

for instance, you'll be able to find the edit/back/search buttons much easier with a defined dot. I find even long-time iPhone users, once going to the iPad experience some disorientation at first, having so much more screen real-estate to handle. So having tabs at the top and bottom, (depending on the app), clearly defined is a huge time saver.

Hope that helps,

Rachel.