The only real JAWS security snag I ran into was a particular anti-keylogger package which tagged JAWS as something which steals keystrokes - which it kind of does. End result was that JAWS couldn't get any keystrokes and so Windows became inaccessible. Had to uninstall the anti-keylogger service to fix things and they still haven't figured out a solution.

CB

On 4/20/17 8:05 AM, Scott Granados wrote:
Like I said, Laziness. Here in the states companies I’ve worked for have been very willing to install JFW if needed or if not familiar learn about it and then install. I’ve heard of the security issue popping up but I figure it this way, having worked for the Air Force and done some projects for the battle communications group and nuclear munitions group if they were ok with installing JFW on work stations attached to these networks then pretty much anyone else shouldn’t have any problems either. Only thing I had to insure was that I wasn’t using any TTS technology that sent the text off site to a render farm to have the words spoken, something similar to online google TTS. As long as everything was in house it was fine. Oh and I had to wear headphones at all times and don’t mind the marine looking over my shoulder ready to put a bullet in my head if I made any moves that seemed like I was going all Snoden on them.;). JFW doesn’t make the network boys in Langley VA uneasy it doesn’t me as a matter of course. They were more uneasy about me having a personal laptop that unlocked with Apple Watch than they were JFW.

On Apr 20, 2017, at 5:04 AM, Simon Fogarty <si...@blinky-net.com <mailto:si...@blinky-net.com>> wrote:

Scott,
It’s a case here of ignorance regarding the products they are supporting,
It’s a case of the techs don’t know what they are doing and don’t wish to try and figure it out *From:*macvisionaries@googlegroups.com <mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]*On Behalf Of*Scott Granados
*Sent:*Thursday, 20 April 2017 7:59 PM
*To:*macvisionaries@googlegroups.com <mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
*Subject:*Re: Sitrix access
That’s such a bogus reason not to install JFW. Especially when you can deploy it so it only runs for the specific users required. All that is I think is an IT department to lazy to do their jobs. People bitch about jaws or voice over and security in the mean time demanding that their favorite messenger or media player is installed that really does have security concerns. (I’m sorry we can’t install JFW for you oh and get ready we’re pushing out a new Java virtual machine). Right! Not a bad work around though. The only problem is having to run windows, that would be a deal breaker for me.

    On Apr 20, 2017, at 3:01 AM, David Chittenden