Try vo-shift-spacebar. One time a wihile back i hit command + r after the turn
on mac sound, logged into the encrypt drive from there, needed to hit
vo-command + home to turn off the disk utility after open the startdisk from
the vo-m apple menu. Did get a message that i could not log in, but choosing
«start up again» the file vault log in worked.
Take care

list.