God bless your hovering finger over the control key. Let’s hope CTRL works this
time reliably! ;-)

I beleive VO has an issue with its buffer management. That’s why lots of
content is spoken several times. On german Macs everything became very sluggish
in all dialogues because it reads every passed text even if the focus is
already at another place on screen. Luckily enough I could prove this behaviour
to Apple by sending them a screen video. My impression is that became worse
from OS to OS. Hopefully they'll change some of that in High Sierra. Sometimes
it’s very confusing and some people deleted the wrong folder or file in Finder
because VO read not the current content of the VO focus but the name of the
file or folder before. I haven’t experienced that on english versions of Sierra
with Alex but in other languages.

Jürgen

list.