Yes, and the dock has a whole lot more capabilities than it used to. So maybe
they figure with this new fancy dock, the other thing is it so important.
Admittedly, it won't work on older phones because they don't have 3D Touch. But
there are more that do now than than before. I guess the iPad still doesn't
have it though. Maybe that's why they got rid of it. Who knows?

Sent from my iPhone

list.