Good day,
Before you hand your phone to someone else, you must first turn off Find My
iPhone, then erase it.
First, go to settings and double-tap to open settings, then go to your name,
then double-tap your name. Then double-tap on iCloud.
Find the option for Find My iPhone, then turn it off by double-tapping on it.
Secondly, double-tap on the back button of settings, find and double-tap on
general. Find the option which should say, Reset and double-tap on reset.
When in reset, double-tap on the option that says erase all content and
settings.
It'll warn you that it will erase everything (e.g., media, data, basically, it
will erase and set the phone back to factory settings.)
I believe there may be a couple of ok button's for which you have to double-tap
on to confirm, or if you have a passcode, it might ask you first for the
passcode, then you'll confirm by double-tapping on the ok button's.
The phone will eventually reboot, and present the iPhone setup screen. If you
hand your phone to someone new, you have to set it up as a new iPhone and sign
them up for an Apple ID, if they don't have an Apple ID already.
You must also, if you are selling the phone, remove it from your list of
devices. You can go to the icloud website and remove it from there. The
iPhone's have activation lock, so you must (if running iOS 10 or later), sign
out of icloud then erase your phone.
If you need more help, I found the Apple Support article about selling or
giving away your iPhone, but it applies to iPad's and iPods as well.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201351
<https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201351>

Hope my advice and the Apple article link helps you.

list.