  From: Tim Kilburn
  To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, December 04, 2017 5:58 PM
  Subject: Re: Imac and Macbook Pro problem

  Hi Andy,

  It sounds to me like there is a mostly empty Desktop, with one Screen Shot
file located on the Desktop.  The mountain range is immaterial to this, other
than it being a nice scene for your wife or other sighted person to view.  The
reason it just goes ding ding when you attempt to navigate around the Desktop
is due to the fact that there is only the one file.  So, as you try to
navigate, there is actually nowhere to go.  If that screen shot is of no value
to you, then just move it to the Trash by pressing cmd-Delete when the file is
selected.  You will then have a totally blank Desktop.  VO will still make the
ding noise when you're on the Desktop,as there is nothing there to announce the
presence of.  You can then use regular VO navigation commands to open items
from the Dock, or go up to the menubar  etc.

  Hope this makes sense.

  Later...

  Tim Kilburn
  Fort McMurray, AB Canada