Hi,

When audio is playing on the AirPods from the iPhone. You can open now playing
on Apple Watch and use the Digital Crown on the watch to adjust the volume of
the AirPods. By default, the watch will automatically switch to the now playing
app when something is playing on the iPhone. This behavior can be changed in
settings on the watch.

Robert Carter

list.