Podcast playback isn't natively supported on Apple Watch, which annoys me
greatly. However, there are some workarounds. My best advice is to google it;
you'll find everything from getting the episodes as MP3s and syncing them like
music, to apps that may or may not still exist/be accessible, and more. Which
method(s) will work depends on how watchOS works at the moment, and which apps
are around depends on that plus on whether Apple has called for those apps to
alter their feature sets. I found a couple articles referencing Overcast, which
I know has had to remove watchOS podcast playback since the time of writing.
Good luck, and welcome to the world of Apple Watch! Apart from audio book and
podcast support, I find Apple Watch to be quite nice and to do what I want.
Hopefully you come to enjoy it as well. Here's hoping Apple *finally* wakes up
and supports podcasts in watchOS 5 this year.

--
Alex Hall

> On Feb 20, 2018, at 10:48, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee...@icloud.com> wrote:
>
> Overcast might be a good one to check out.
>
> I don't own an apple watch, so nearly suggesting an alternative app for you
> to try.
>
>> On 20 Feb 2018, at 12:57, aliFaisal <faisal.a...@icloud.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>> so over the weekend, I purchased a new apple watch and so far I love it.
>> However, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good podcasting app for
>> it? I have downcast installed on the watch, but downcast doesn’t appear to
>> be working. what I mean by that is, it shows when a podcast is playing, yet
>> I am not hearing anything from my bluetooth headphones that I have connected
>> to the watch. However, when I check the watch, it shows the podcast is
>> actually playing. so, this has ultimately lead me to find a better
>> alternative.
>> As I listen to podcast when I workout, this is quite a big deal for me and
>> will force me to bring my phone with me on my workouts just to be able to
>> listen to podcasts if there isn’t a better alternative.

>> Visionaries list.

>> mk...@ucla.edu and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at
>> caraqu...@caraquinn.com

>> ---