Hi Simon,
 I cannot speak to your home country.
However just last week I got an e-mail about an opportunity here where apple is seeking blind and vision impaired individuals for possible employment. they are coordinating the effort with CNIB the Canadian National Institute for the blind. The invitation includes a place to share your resume and if selected states apple will be meeting with prospects later this month or the next. So, indeed clearly they are willing to staff an individual who is qualified first and sight impaired as an extension.
 Kare