Hi Phil,

The Universal Clipboard should just work as long as you are on the same WiFi,
Bluetooth is enabled on both devices, and Hand-off is enabled on those same
devices.  So, turning Bluetooth back on may already have helped your situation.
 Hand-off on your Mac is in System Prefs, general.  On an iOS device, it's in
Settings, General.  Before messing with the other continuity things for
Messages and Phone, it it didn't start working after Bluetooth was enabled on
both devices, I suggest you restart them both and testing if you can now phone
from your computer and if you can either hand-off or copy/paste between
devices.  Remember that the Universal Clipboard is a short-term allowance, that
is, you must do the paste on the second device within a minute or two.  I'm not
certain on the time, but it is limited and the Apple documentation says "a
short time".  yes, a rather vague limitation.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Apple Teacher
(with Swift Playgrounds Recognition)