Hi, Simon:

Simon Fogarty writes:
> Hi Janina,
>
> I think I'm going to struggle if I travel over there.
>
>  Being gluten free due to health reasons it's bad enough here in NZ to get
> proper gluten free food.

I'm happy to tell you there are lots of gluten free options here in the
States for folks, at least in the larger metropolitan areas. And, we had
gluten free options at the catered lunch buffet at our Southampton
meeting.

I just happen to be an omnivour.

>  Soupwith cheese sounds dangerous.

For you, probably so! I loved it.

> I'm interested in the no SSID situation,

Yes, I'm thinking Apple should be made aware, but not sure how to go
about it. Maybe I simply need to phone their tech support and say so.

>  Could they simply have their SSID's hidden and not realise what they are
> doing?
> And if their networ is so restricted it might be something they do to
> restrict access even further than normal.

Well, possible--but that doesn't explain why all the available ESSIDs
were so visible under Linux and under Windows on the very same machine.

> Would be worth looking at just to have a play.

I should add that my hotel wifi came up once, but only once under
Mojave. I tried it first and got no signal. I booted to Windows and
connected immediately. I rebooted to Mojave and got signal. But, I never
saw it again at the hotel under Mojave, not even once.

Under Windows and Linux I never failed to see all the several ESSID
options, there were about half a dozen, available at the University.

Janina