N.B. is short for Nota Bene which literally means 'note well' in Latin
and it is used to draw the reader's attention to the line that it
precedes. You said something about German systems being well designed
albeit overly complex and I was reminded of the well-known German car
brand, Mercedes for upholding a similar design approach.
N.B. 'Everything must be made as simple as possible and not simpler.'
Albert Einstein.
'Funny' can mean laughable or strange, peculiar. 'Fun' can mean
enjoyable, amusing. The distinctions can be a bit blurred in places;
hence your understandable confusion.  Do look them up here at:
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/english where you'll find example
sentences for both. If still unclear then feel free to drop me a line
privately.

On 5/27/19, Jürgen Fleger <mailinglis...@fleger.net> wrote:
> :-) What means "N.B.“ in long form?
>
> „fun not funny“ Thanks for the clarification. I’m not really aware of the
> differents but always eager to learn. Is funny not just the adjective of
> fun?
>
> Yes, braille without contractions is what german blind braille users on
> Apple devices use all the time. But it would be great to have a good
> contracted braille too. But this is of course whining at a high level.
>
> Jürgen
>
>> Am 27.05.2019 um 18:17 schrieb B G <benjigra...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> N.B. Mercedes cars. *smile*
>> Just for clarity, and forgive me for the apparent pedantry, I think
>> you mean 'fun' and not 'funny'.
>> maybe a simplified Braille code for German would address the
>> above-mentioned et al. I have heard of systems which are entirely in
>> long-hand i.e. with no contraction; not sure if the underlying
>> rationale is to avoid the type of problems you're citing.
>>

>> On 5/27/19, Jürgen Fleger <mailinglis...@fleger.net> wrote:
>>> In my Windows time there was a german program for this called BKCom.
>>> Never
>>> liked it very much because writing braille on these smal keyboard keys
>>> wasn’t very funny. I wouldn’t need to write braille on a normal
>>> keyboard.
>>> But anyway there might be a group of people who really would appreciate
>>> this
>>> function. So give them the suggestion.To have a keyboard shortcut for
>>> this
>>> would be great.
>>>
>>> Yes, german braille is well designed but to complicated in its exception
>>> rules for automated processes. There was  a person named Wolfgang Hubert
>>> who
>>> collected all exeptional rules and put it in a database. Rumors say it
>>> has
>>> more then 1 million entries and he seems not to be willing to share it
>>> with
>>> Apple or Apple might be not interested in it. For example: if you put an
>>> at the end of a word it means a certain endig but only if it sits at the
>>> end
>>> of certain words. At the end of other words it’s just meant as an f. The
>>> computer needs to know in which case which end to put, And this is very
>>> difficult in german. Apple uses a free available braille contraction
>>> table
>>> for german braille but this is very unprecise in terms of these rules.

list.

caraqu...@caraquinn.com

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/CA%2ByxY97hZLjM-wpHW5WSuOeWsGNNFh%2BBj88dTDByBYWQ%2BPHhvQ%40mail.gmail.com.