Great work,

Wish I could get my employer to follow this kind of sensible forward thinking.

From: 'Andrew Lamanche' via MacVisionaries <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, 8 June 2019 6:32 AM
To: 'Jason White' via MacVisionaries <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Encrypt.me vpn & accessibility good news

Hi,

I’ve been using for some time encrypt.me<http://encrypt.me> VPN service.  It’s
a paid service but I have found their application fairly simple in terms of
accessibility.  They have just changed their top people - and since I’m on
their mailing list - I got to know about it and received a hello message.  I
took the opportunity to write to the responsible person, Terry Myers to make
him aware that accessibility of his service and apps are very important to
visually impaired users.  He responded very quickly with a very positive
message and a commitment to work with his team towards making
encrypt.me<http://encrypt.me> & the related apps on all platforms fully
accessible.  I paste his responses to me below in inverted comas.

"You are the 2nd person to reach out to me about this. I'm going to make it my
priority to ensure that we provide improved accessibility for all our users.

Thanks,

Terry”

"
I wanted to provide an update.

I spoke with our Head of Development yesterday. He's briefed the team this
morning, and they're starting the process of exploring the accessibility
features in each operating system.

We are well versed with iOS' voiceover protocol. Windows also has a wide
featureset, which we need to explore. Android is something we need to do more
research on.

We are also investigating the possibility of using a monochrome theme, for our
visually impaired users. We are exploring the feasibility of this now.

Thanks,

Terry"

list.

Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor. You can reach mark at:
mk...@ucla.edu<mailto:mk...@ucla.edu> and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can

macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
To post to this group, send email to
macvisionaries@googlegroups.com<mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/E5052AF9-2625-4953-87D0-B196E81C28C8%40me.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/E5052AF9-2625-4953-87D0-B196E81C28C8%40me.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

list.

caraqu...@caraquinn.com

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/SY2PR01MB298738834827B3FE80397DE38A110%40SY2PR01MB2987.ausprd01.prod.outlook.com.