Hi Jim,

This is doubtless old-fashioned of me, but I prefer to use list view and use the file browser (now name the column browser) to view the songs table. However, here's the way to change your songs table to show as groups of albums:

Switch to grid view, either by using the shortcut sequence (Command- Option-4), selecting "as Grid" in the "View" menu on the iTunes menu bar, or by navigating to the "Grid View Switcher" button in the iTunes application and pressing (VO-Space). The view buttons are next to the search text field, so the fastest way to get to them in general is to move to the search text field (Command-Option-F) and then VO-Left arrow to the view button you want (list, grid, or cover flow) and press it. For completeness, the iTunes view buttons are:

Command-Option-1  Shows or hides the main iTunes window
Command-Option-2  Shows or hides the Equalizer
Command-Option-3  Show as list
Command-Option-4  Show as grid
Command-Option-5  Show as Cover Flow

In grid view, you can then choose one of the buttons for "Album", "Artists", "Genres", or "Composers" and press (VO-Space). The entries in the grid will be displayed according to your category. Navigate through by Album, and use VO-Space to view the individual tracks associated with that album.

My preference is to use list view (Command-Option-3), and select albums using the file browser (toggled on or off with Command-B). I immediately set the iTunes 9 configuration back to the way this worked for iTunes 8 and earlier: namely, after setting to list view, I went to the View menu on the iTunes menu bar (Command-M, then press "V"), and arrowed down to "Column Browser", then used right arrow to move to the submenu and arrowed down to "On top". I also selected "albums" under the "Column Browser" submenu so that I could use the browser to select both artists and albums. Unfortunately, each selected option requires a separate trip to the "View" menu on the iTunes menu bar. Setting up the file browser this way under the list view menu options works fine for me -- an easy way to select albums or multiple albums by the same artist and view tracks.

HTH

Cheers,

Esther

Jim Fettgather wrote:

Hello.

I should be able to figure this out after all this time, but my song
collection is growing quite a lot, and I'm trying to figure out how to
change the songs table to show as groups of albums instead of
individual songs.

Any help with this is sure appreciated.
Thanks.