The machine is a Mac mini (late 2015 model) with 8 GB ram, 512 GB ssd using a
core i5 quad core. Generally, I have night owl, safari, chrome, textedit and
mail running at any given time. Also, from what I can figure out, the problem
becomes noticeably worse with time. This is behaving like a memory leak.

-Eric

> On Dec 28, 2019, at 7:16 PM, 'Tim Kilburn' via MacVisionaries
> <Macvisionaries@Googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> What model of computer?  How much RAM on board the computer?  Do you know how
> many apps you have open when this occurs?  If you press cmd-option-Escape,
> which brings up the Force Quit window, do any of the apps announce that they
> are "not Responding"?  žAre you on the latest version of Catalina, 10.15.2?
>
> Later...
>

> Tim Kilburn
> Jamf Certified Tech
> Apple Teacher
> (with Swift Playgrounds Recognition)
> Fort McMurray, AB Canada
>
> On Dec 28, 2019, at 15:45, Eric Oyen <eric.o...@gmail.com
> <mailto:eric.o...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I find myself in an increasingly frustrating situation. I have been
> encountering random busy applications and the problem appears to be getting
> worse with time. It would start with one application, and then spread to any
> others open on the desktop and then the entire system would go busy, causing
> even the VoiceOver screen reader to lock up for a period of time. This
> problem has been an increasing factor in my frustration since upgrading to
> Catalina. Are there any work arounds or resolutions for this? I have
> repeatedly sent bug reports to apple’s developer corps and have seen no
> response. Solutions and suggestions greatly appreciated.
>
> -Eric

> list.

> mk...@ucla.edu <mailto:mk...@ucla.edu> and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can
> reach Cara at caraqu...@caraquinn.com <mailto:caraqu...@caraquinn.com>