Hello, I did a podcast on this back in September.  Using your podcast app of
choice, search for the Stur it up podcast, Stur is spelled with the letter U,
find that episode and listen to it.  Otherwise pasted below is the step by step
instructions.

Importing a ring tone into your Apple iOS device, using the garage band app.
To get a ring tone into The Garage Band app:
Put the Apple iOS device in landscape orientation, with the Home button (where
the charging port is located) to the left.
The ring tone has to be 30 seconds or shorter.
move a 30 second ring tone in to iCloud Drive or dropbox, in the Files app.
Open the Garage Band app, make sure the "Recents" tab that is on the bottom
left is selected:  and choose the "Add" button.
Flick up on the picker with one finger to get to page 4, for the instrument
choice of Audio Recording and choose the Voice button.
Swipe to the right and deselect the "Metronome" button.
Swipe to the right to get to the "Song Selections".
Swipe to the right to select "Section A, 8 Bars" button.
Swipe to the right to select the "Automatic" and toggle it to "On":  Flick back
to select the "Done" button.
Make sure that you stay to the top of the iOS device screen.  Then go to
Tracts, then go to loops.
There will be 3 buttons at the top:  Apple Loops, Files, and Music.  Choose
"Files.
Go to the Browse Tab, which is in the bottom right hand corner.
Find the specific ring tone that you want to import in to Garage Band.
Then select the 32nd ringtone that you saved in DropBox or iCloud Drive.
Bring focus to the song clip and perform a one finger double tap and hold to
drag it into the Sound section, which is located on the left hand side of the
screen.  When you select the song with one finger double tap and hold gesture,
wait for a couple of seconds before dragging it to the left hand side of the
screen.
It will say "Importing Audio Files".  Once you have dragged it to the left to
the Sound section.
Swipe right until you get to the Rewind, play, and fast forward buttons, hit
the Rewind with a one finger tap, three times.  Double tap the play button to
hear the song.  Then double tap on the stop button.
Swipe left to get to the "Navigation" button and double tap to open it.
Double tap the "My Songs" button and it will say "Saving".  Swipe right to hear
"my songs".  Flick down to choose Rename“ and perform a one finger double tap.
Swipe right to rename the "My Song" to the name of the ring tone.  There will
be a text field to type the name of the ringtone.  The "done" button will be to
the right of the space bar on the keyboard, after you have typed the name of
the ringtone.
Then find the newly named song and flick up to find the "Share" button.
Flick right to find the "Ring Tone" button.
It might say that your ring tone needs to be adjusted.  Flick past that to the
"Continue" button.
Then flick right to get to the "Export" button.
Then it will say "exporting ring tone successful.  Flick right to the "OK"
button.
Then close the Garage Band app and go to Settings.  Open "Sounds".

> On Mar 26, 2020, at 7:40 AM, Jessica Moss <junglebookfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I’ve started using the music to ringtone app to create my own ringtones,
> which I really love aside from the fact that if you want to use strictly your
> IPHone and not go through Apple Music to sync them, you have to use Garage
> Band, which I’m finding not to be as easy as I thought.  Under the share
> option, I found the option to copy to Garage Band, but once I have it copied,
> I see no option to import the file as a ringtone, only options to mix/add
> tracks to it and the like.  Can someone please explain to me how this is done?

> list.

> caraqu...@caraquinn.com

> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/20D6482D-320D-41C3-A143-CDFA14BA4D50%40gmail.com.