Hi John,

Thanks for that link. I'll just mention that this is a natural function to put in for VoiceOver, and that you can sort of do this right now, but the problem is bookmarking and navigating for short bits. Currently, Stanza "almost" works with VoiceOver on the iPhone and iPod Touch and can load up non-DRM ePub books from your computer. However, I can't read continuously in Stanza. However, if you go to O'Reilly's Bookworm site, upload an ePub book file, you can read it through Safari (and correspondingly, you can read it on your iPhone or iPod Touch through the Safari interface). This isn't a totally working solution right now -- the ePub page blocks are large, and you can't save your bookmarks within these pages. Also, I shouldn't have to use an internet connection to read a book file that I could upload directly to my iPod Touch! But it's clear there will be a workable solution. This is exciting.

Cheers,

Esther

John J Herzog wrote:

Hi listers,
Check out this exciting article from engadget. They start talking first about a switch on the IPad, but then they mention voiceover. The article states that voiceover will read the pages of Ebooks out loud. Click here for this awesome news.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/12/ipad-mute-switch-magicked-into-a-screen-rotation-lock-overnigh/

John