Thanks for the tip. Seems that they have gone up to $189.95. I'll check around some used stuff sites to see if I can turn up something. I was expecting the price to drop after being discontinued, not shoot up.

CB

Esther wrote:
Hello Shaun, Chris, Scott, and Others,

This is an answer to a request of where to find copies of Leopard install disks at less outrageous prices. Try FastMac for new retail copies of the Leopard Disc for $179.95. This price seems high in comparison with the original $130 charge from Apple, but at least it is less than the over $200 prices that seem typical right now. The Low End Mac site ran an article about the Best OS X 10.5 Leopard prices back in December, and gave links to sources. Many of the low prices seem to either have disappeared from availability or jumped up to over $200. The FastMac link still works for the $179.95 price, and you can put the product into your shopping cart. This seemed to be the best of the current prices. (I didn't try to make a purchase!) Here's the link to the Low End Mac article:

http://lowendmac.com/deals/best-os-x-leopard-prices.html

HTH

Cheers,

Esther