You can create a desktop shortcut using Google Chrome, much the same as with
Safari.
1.  Open Google Chrome, and go the the desired website.
2.  Go to the Menu Bar using VO + M, and open the File menu.
3.  Arrow down to Save As, and press Enter.
4.  Give your shortcut a name, and select Desktop as the location where you
would like the item to be saved, and then select and  press Enter.

You can use this same procedure to save links to Zoom meetings on your Mac’s
desktop, using either Google Chrome or Safari.

HTH.

- Brad -