Hello Annie,

On non-English input keyboards you need to use the VoiceOver Commands menu (VO+H twice) to access the "Sort Column" function. Make sure that you have first interacted with the column (VO+Shift+Down Arrow), then hold down the Control+Option keys and tap the "H" key twice. Then select the option for "Sort Column". Sorting can be done in either ascending or descending order, so if you want to reverse the order in which a column is sorted, apply the "Sort Column" command again. The other command you might commonly have to access through the VoiceOver Commands menu is the one to expand or collapse disclosure triangles. In many instances where you need to expand or collapse entries, such as in "Get Info" windows for items selected in Finder, VO+Space will work. However, if you need to expand the list of Radio Streams in iTunes, so you can select and play a particular station, or to expand the folder for a podcast subscription you have just subscribed to in iTunes, so that you can view and play individual episodes, you'll need to do this through the VoiceOver Commands menu (VO+H twice) and then select the entry for "Toggle Disclosure Triangle" to expand or collapse entries. Again, it is important that you interact before you bring up the Commands menu because the listed commands depend on context -- if you're not in a table with columns you won't see an option to "Sort Column", etc.

The two commands I've described ("Sort Column" and "Toggle Disclosure Triangle") are read out as using the "Vertical Line" key and the "Backslash" key. On an English language input keyboard, the "Vertical Line" key is "Shift+Backslash", and the "Backslash" key is located at the far right of keyboard, just below the "Delete" key and above the "Return" key. Non-English language keyboards use this key position for accented characters that are not used in English, and use "Backslash" and "Vertical Line" keys under their extended keyboard that requires pressing the "Option" key to generate the character. This is why it is necessary to make the selection through the Commands Menu.

HTH

Cheers,

Esther

Annie Skov Nielsen wrote:

Hi again.

How do I make a backslash. I have tried to press vo+shift+7, because
on my keyboard backslash is option+shift+7. But that was not the right
keystroke.

Have a nice day.