To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 10:21 AM
Subject: Re: Burning ISO Images

Hi cdh
On 30 Mar 2010, at 15:07, Chris Hofstader wrote:
Recently, I have had to try out a number of different GNU/Linux distros. I use Safari to download them from their web sites and then, using disk utility, burn the DVD. I got this to work with the SpeakUp Modified Fedora but all other downloads cause Disk Utility to crap out on verification.

This is on a six month old MacBook Pro 13 which shouldn't have any really bad problems yet.

I've found this too. Have you tried to reduce the burning speed to the lowest possible speed for your machine? Sometimes for some reason when DVDs etc are burned quickly, some sort of corruption takes place. This makes me wonder why such speeds exist if corruption occurs after using them.

HTH

TC
James, Lyn, Nash & Twinny
Hi,

Recently, I have had to try out a number of different GNU/Linux distros. I use Safari to download them from their web sites and then, using disk utility, burn the DVD. I got this to work with the SpeakUp Modified Fedora but all other downloads cause Disk Utility to crap out on verification.

This is on a six month old MacBook Pro 13 which shouldn't have any really bad problems yet.

Any ideas?

cdh