Hello Clarence and Chris,

You should be able to both read and convert .toast files with Disk Utility. I'm not sure what is meant by "extracting" from .toast files here, but I gather that you don't have Toast on your Mac. If you want to change your files over to a more standard format for Macs, such as a disk image, you would open them with Disk Utility. Then you would select the file in the "Selected Disks" table (e.g., VO-Right arrow to this, interact, and then highlight your file). Choose the "Convert" button in the Disk Utility title bar (Control-F5 to move to the title bar, tab to the "Convert" button, VO-Space to press the button). In the dialog window text box for "Save as:" type in the name of the file with a .dmg extension. VO-Space on the pop up button to choose the destination folder. All the regular Finder short cuts also work here (e.g., Command-Shift-H for home; Command-Shift-D for Desktop, etc.), so if you want your file to be saved in a location that isn't listed in the pop up button alternatives, you can use Command-Shift-G ("Go to Folder") and type in the path to any folder you want, e.g.:

/Users/clarence/Documents/mystuff

Other than that, Chris is correct in saying that the .toast format can be similar to ISO.

HTH

Cheers,

Esther

Chris Blouch wrote:

.toast files are created by Toast, a commercial CD burning application. Depending what is in there it might just be an ISO file. If so you could try renaming it to .iso and burn it with the Apple Disk Utility. Another forum said that LiquidCD will burn .toast files.

http://www.maconnect.ch/index.php?page=liquidcd&lang=en

In either case, I don't think it's a file format that is designed for distributing archived files. It's mean more as a file to feed a burner. If the iso trick works you might be able to just mount it via disk utility rather than burn it.

CB

clarence griffin wrote:
I have ".toast" files, and I need to know what to get to extract them. Thanks. Oh, are there any free apps that will do it first of all. If not, I will pay for one.
Thanks again.

GF

Goldfinga Productions
Phone: 757-412-5494