Hello all. I may have found the reason why iTunes was crashing, for me
at least. Perhaps others who had been experiencing the same will
benefit.
If the mouse cursor tracks the VO cursor, iTunes will crash -- easily
and often -- especially when mucking around with the playlist browser.
(A very helpful soul identified the prefs as the problem. So I reset
them, and then changed things, one by one, until iTunes crashed again.
Finally got it, I'm pretty sure.)
This is odd, really, as I don't normally have the mouse cursor
tracking the VO cursor, but had ended up with that setting after my
preferences had reset themselves -- as they tend to do every once in
awhile -- and decided to give that navigation method a try when I was
setting the prefs. Won't do that again!
And, I can now check out the new iTunes.
Happy (crash-free) listening.
-- Howard