Webb, perhaps it is because you moved such a large distance change in OS. You
might want to consider getting the free version of VMWare and putting Mojave on
it assuming the 32 bit apps are not to dependent on performance. 12.2 does
create two or more volumes one is the core OS in a read-only system and I have
seen snapshot volumes appear.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 12, 2022, at 10:13 PM, Dave Carlson <dgcarlson0...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I just installed Monterey on a separate APFS volume, so that I could
> continue to use Mojave for a couple older apps.
>
> I started with a clean volume. I ran the upgrade from System Preferences and
> installed to that empty volume.
>
> After all the setups and migrations, I find that instead of just having two
> volumes (Mojave and Monterey) I have the following:
>
> Mac Monterey OS
> Mojave OS
> Big Sur OS
> Monterey OS
> MAc Catalina OS
> Mac Monterey OS
> Catalina OS
>
> Some of these Monterey volumes are versions 12.0 and 12.1, and one is 12.2.
> The Big Sur volume is 12.2
> The Catalina volume is 12.1
>
> Only one of the Monterey volumes is correctly identified as the latest
> version, and the Mojave is correct at 10.14.6.
>
> All these extra volumes show up in Disk Utility, and also on the startup
> disks list in System Preferences.
>
> Can I just delete the extra volumes I don’t need  nor want?
>
> Is this typical?
>
> Dave Carlson
> Farfar, Engineer, Oregonian, Woodworker, and Pioneer

> list.

> caraqu...@caraquinn.com

> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/1330FE09-E727-417B-8966-8A954FDB5796%40gmail.com.