While you may be able to learn many keyboard commands from the Mac’s menu bar,
many commands for MS Word are not listed in the menu bar.
In general, most MS Word Mac keyboard commands are the same as on Windows, you
just need to substitute using the Command key, instead of using CTRL.
For example:
CMD + N, will create/open a new document.
CMD + S will save a document.
CMD + B, will bold selected text, or turn bold on for newly typed text.
CMD + P, will print the current document.
CMD + Home, will move the insertion point to the beginning of the document.
CMD + End, will move to the end of the document.

Pages will not allow you to work in an MS Word document format, but you are
able to export a finished document to MS Word's DOC or DOCX format.
Just be aware that exporting a document in MS Word format is not at all the
same as working in an MS Word format.

The Mac’s Text Edit application will allow you to work in DOC or DOCX formats,
but Text Edit is not nearly as full featured an application as either MS Word
or Pages.

- Brad -