Well, it's a bit unusual. You see, they don't actually sell the voices, per se.
They do, however, offer a software developers' toolkit for that price and that
includes all of the voices. I think there are something like 27 voices, if I
remember correctly. The idea is, if you were to develop software, the voices
could be packaged with the program as in the case with something like Kurzweil
1000. Thing is, there's nothing to stop you from simply buying the SDK,
installing the voices on your system and never actually developing any
software. This was pointed out to me by aT&T themselves. Anyway, I haven't
really heard the voices but they're supposed to be pretty good.

One thing to consider, though, is that, while they're OS X compatible, that
doesn't necessarily mean they'd work well with VoiceOver. It would be
interesting to find out but I don't think there's any trial version.