Hello,
I'd also recommend powering down and restarting the braille display itself, so it is disconnected from your Bookpro.  It can still be paired for connection, but just making sure  the display  is not waiting for the Bookpro to connect, while your Bookair is attempting to locate and pair with it.
I find I have to do this with my displays when switching between several Iphones,  Iphone and IPAD, and between an iphone and android device. I don't remove the pairing on the iphone, just make sure braille display is clear of the connection, and then search for it as you might have in the past.

I hope this helps.

Roni Mathew