Well, I implied the M2 vs M3 debate.
Right now only Mac Book Pros have the M3 series of chips, the AIR  still come
with M2.
The MacBookPro do have a display that is twice as bright if you have vision
that can take advantage of that.

All of the MacBooks’s power buttons double as touch ID, so if you have enough
dexterity to use the power button then you shouldn’t need to have touch ID on
the keyboard.
That being said, if you are not traveling with the computer then getting a
MacMini might be a good idea. You can hook up a very inexpensive display or the
Studio display and get as powerful a system without paying for a keyboard
and/or display  that you don’t plan to use.

Generally, unless you manage what’s is open on your system, having more shared
memory will be more important than  additional cores which is what the M3 is
giving you.
If you are doing sound processing or visual processing then you might need the
extra processing of the M3. If you are doing eMail and Web browsing or small
business accounting, I would expect putting the cost difference between a AIR
with M2 and a Pro with M3 would better be placed in shared memory or additional
storage.

                Best wishes,

Jonathan Cohn

list.