As I stated earlier, I'm a novice when it comes to cables.  My early research
shows that one can purchase a mini DVI to HDMI cable.  For the sighted people
in the household, the HDMI is supposed to provide better picture quality over
the VGA connection.  Rumors state that future Macs will move to HDMI, which
will enable one to transfer picture and sound through one cable.

Brett C.