First, congrats on the new Mac, that sounds like quite the machine.
It sounds like you have all the software you could want, but I have a
few suggestions. First, although nowhere near as good as Sonar,
Amadeus Pro is a great, accessible audio editor for the Mac.  The
program costs $40 I believe, but it's well worth it.  Second, you can
burn DVDs directly from theFinder.  Simply put whatever you want to
burn in a folder, select that folder an under file, choose burn
folder.  There are a few other ways to do this as well, but I find
that to be the easiest so far.

Hope all this helps, please feel free to contact me on or off list if
I can help further.

Thanks,

Steve

Sent from my iPhone