I am writing this on behalf of a friend who is blind and uses vo with
mac.  Something very weird happened to her:  She turned on her computer
(a laptop) and Vo came up as usual.  Then the computer said "speech off"
and would not say anything else.  We have tried going to system
preferences and turning on the speech but it seems to make no
difference.  Suggestions please?

By the way, thanks for the feedback on onterage.  I am switching to mac
mail.

Nancy