Hello listers,

I have not done this yet but plan to.    :)  I have a victor stream and love
it.  However being a mac user I've not been able to completely use the
recording notes feature as I've not found a way to play those files on my mac
because they're recorded in a format I've not been able to play on my mac.
However there is  an upgrade now available from Humanware.  There is the
standard free upgrade but you will now be given the option for a paid version
which will allow you to record notes in mp3 or wav which should be easily
played on the mac.

Here are some notes from e-mails that I copied and pasted.  There are also
other features on the paid upgrade version called Soft Pack.

Finally, version 3.2 has hidden treasures that you should know about. In
addition to new languages and general maintenance, we now have the underlying
framework to support our long anticipated SoftPak. The Stream SoftPak is
optional software that provides five features for which we have had many
requests: support of the EPUB book format, ability to play Audible's Enhanced
Audio books, playback of MP4 audio including iTunes, Support for MS Word DOCX
and ability to record in MP3 or Wav file formats.

We are offering the version 3.2 Stream and Companion upgrades at no charge. For
more information and to download visit www.humanware.com/stream_software. After
installing 3.2 you may take advantage of the optional software features by
purchasing the SoftPak for a nominal charge of $49.

For more information about the Stream SoftPak visit www.humanware.com/softpak.
You may also purchase SoftPak online from that page or by calling our customer
service team toll free at 1-800-722-3393.

Abo

MP3 and Wav Recording
In addition to the standard high quality AMR-WB+ 3GP recording file type, the
Stream
SoftPak allows you to choose either mono MP3 96kbps or mono wav 16 bit PCM
recording
file types. Select the recording file type using the Menu key 7. Press key 7
multiple
times to find the Recording menu. Then use the left or right arrows to choose
either
3GP, MP3, or Wav. Press the pound key to confirm your choice and the star or
Cancel
key to exit the menu. As you arrow across the choice of file types the Stream
will
announce how many hours of recording remain for each file type. Once you have
confirmed
your choice, all future voice notes and audio bookmarks will be recorded in the
chosen
file type.
Your choice of file type will affect the size of the recording files. Stream
will
produce similar quality with 3GP and MP3 recordings but the MP3 files will be
considerably
larger. Wav recordings provide the highest quality but take the most space on
your
SD card. For example, one hour of recording produces a 9 megabyte 3GP file, 41
megabyte
MP3 file, or 303 megabyte wav file.
Support of Unprotected MP4 Audio Files
The Stream SoftPak supports the Advanced Audio coding found in audio files of
type
mp4, m4a, m4b and m4v. The most popular source of these files is the Apple
iTunes
store which offers millions of MP4 music and podcast files that you will be able
to play on your Stream. Note that Stream SoftPak only plays unprotected MP4
files.
Files protected with DRM are not supported. To acquire iTunes content you will
require
the iTunes program which comes with every Apple MAC computer or a free iTunes
version
for Windows computers which can be downloaded from:
http://www.apple.com/itunes
Use the program to purchase content from the iTunes online music store and
download.....

I hope this info is helpful,
Christina