Oh, I can't thank you enough.  I was able to copy an unprotected song with no
problem.  So, I will now work on authorizing my computer.  :)

Thanks so much.  You're right, this home sharing thing is so cool and much more
convenient than other methods.  :)

Christina
On May 29, 2010, at 12:08 PM, Ronit Ovadia Mazzoni wrote:

> This file might be a protected drm itunes song. Try importing a straight mp3
> file first. IF this works, you'll know your sharing is done correctly. If you
> are trying to import a song that is protected, you must authorize your
> computer to play his protected itunes purchased songs. I think there is an
> option in teh menu of the store that lets you do this. You'd basically select
> the authorize function and enter his uername and password and that should
> work. But in order to check the sharing function, try importing just a
> straight unprotected mp3 file first.
> Ronit
>
> On May 29, 2010, at 12:01 PM, Christina wrote:
>
>> Ok, it's me again.  :)  I tried to import a song per your instructions which
>> are very helpful.  However, I got a message saying itunes could not import
>> the song because this computer is not authorized.  Any ideas how to remedy
>> this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Christina
>> On May 29, 2010, at 11:53 AM, Ronit Ovadia Mazzoni wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Christina,
>>> I got this to work. First you must find the file in his library by going to
>>> his library in your sources list. Do a search in the searchbox for the song
>>> you want. Go to the songs list and select the song you want to import. Then
>>> stop interacting with the list and move the VO cursor tot he right and
>>> you'll see an import button. If just one song is selected, you can hit the
>>> import button and it'll put it in your library. To check that it's there,
>>> the song you just imported. IT should appear in teh song list. Let me know
>>> if this doesn't work, but I've just done this recently. I haven't
>>> triedmulti=file imports, just one at a time.