hello; I'm sorry to hear that too. I haven't used it, but I've heard some good things about open office on this list and it is supposed to be free if that makes you feel any better. good luck, max
On May 30, 2010, at 7:59 PM, Sonnia wrote:

Thanks for the info. I'm just a bit upset now i have to buy more
software. and i doubt i could return the ms office for mac either
because i already opened/installed the software. *Frowns*

Cameron wrote:
Hi. The current version of ms office for mac is not voiceover compatible.
You can thank Microsoft.

Go for I work or open office.

Cameron.

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Sonnia
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2010 6:01 PM
To: MacVisionaries
Subject: VO not reading text in MS word for mac

Hi everyone. i was just curious if i am having a technical glitch in
my computing or if i'm just doing something wrong (most likely the
second situation is the case.) I just installed MS office for mac and
opened microsoft word to try it out. Whenever i type, VO doesn't
recognize it meaning it doesn't speak what i have typed or it doesn't
speak the letters as they are being pressed although sighted people
can see my typing on the screen.  Instead, if i move around with the
arrow keys, i am shown the tool bars and whatever else is on the
screen for MS word except the text of the document. VO speaks what i
type everywhere else but here so i am supposing i might have forgotten
to hit some command. Is there a anyway to fix this? thanks again :-)