Hi Yuma,

You wrote:

Hi Esther,

<snip>
As for the japanese voices, i am checking through them to see if they are reliable and especially soft to the ear. Apparently they use the same breathing system as Alex so it sounds promising.
Well, at least that link got quoted properly. My bad on the translation bookmarklet page -- too many open windows, and I was using the browser to search for a translation of the DTalker pages.

I couldn't find the translation bookmarklet though, i went through the items list, the web items list and manually combed the page with the settings i wanted but to no avail. How do you know a bookmarklet is as such on a page?

OK, here's the correct Google page for the translation bookmarklet:
<http://translate.google.com/translate_tools>
This is Google's translation tools page, and there's a section that says "Get 1-click translations from your browser's toolbar" followed by the now familiar instructions to drag and drop: "To add a button, drag it from this page to your browser's toolbar." Right below that is a whole set of links listed alphabetically by language -- from "Afrikaans" to "Yiddish". You can actually just bring up item chooser menu and find the language you want, then use the context menu and copy the link's java script contents. (If you paste it into a TextEdit file, you'll get a long string that begins with "javascript".)

I actually gave instructions for this once before in an archived posts:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries%40googlegroups.com/msg17323.html >
(Re: how to go page up and page down in a text area?)

The first part of the post answered Jonathan Chacón's question about page navigation in TextEdit on a MacBook (Fn-Option-Up Arrow and Down Arrow are the "page up" and "page down" key equivalents). The second part referenced his blog posts (about Mac and VoiceOver usage), which are in Spanish. I pointed out that people could make their own Javascript bookmarklets, and gave step by step directions. I think the directions I gave you (for Instapaper's "Read Later" bookmarklet) were slightly better, but this post goes into detail about finding the links on the Google translation tools page -- and gives the right URL.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther